banking system is currently characterized by 6 banks which
have their head office to the place of France in Moroni
- the Central Bank of the Comoros (BCC),
in which the State
of the Union of Comoros and the Bank of France are shareholders
and one of its roles is to approve the establishment of
- the Development Bank of Comoros (BDC),
Federal Bank of Commerce (BFC).
Bank for Industry and Commerce(BIC),
a subsidiary of BNP-Paribas,
Exim Bank Comoros Ltd (Exim
Exim Bank Tanzania,
- the National Company of Post and Financial Services (SNPSF),
which is the former National Savings Bank of SNPT.
In addition to these traditional banking institutions, networks
of mutual savings banks and credit (Meck and Sanduk)
have been developed. These funds provide local
services for rural and urban unbanked population.
- The Mutual Savings and Credit of the Comoros (Meck)
which are the Savings and Credit component of the Project
Support to Economic Grass Roots Initiatives are funded by
the State and the International Fund for Agricultural Development.
- The Sanduk were initially funded by the French Development
There are no other banks.